Sunday, January 9, 2011

Eggs in Cream


Even though I am now being healthy I just couldn't resist these eggs in cream. Hey I can't be good all of the time, and I am exercising again so it helps. I love eggs but with high cholesterol I only have them once in a while. Of course as of late I think 'they' have decided eggs are a good source of protein and not so bad for you if you have high cholesterol.... so I choose to believe 'them' :) Sometimes I have these eggs for lunch or dinner, to make them more of a meal include a few strips of bacon or 1-2 breakfast sausages or maybe you can throw in an extra egg.

Ingredients
dab of butter
1/3 cup cream
1 egg
dash red peper flakes
seasoned salt to taste
pepper to taste
1 slice buttered toast
bacon or sausages (optional)

Directions
1. In a small skillet ( 2-3 inches wide) melt the butter over medium to high heat
2. Add the cream first then the egg on top
3. Cover and cook until desired donenss
4. Sprinkle with desired amount of red pepper flakes, seasoned salt and pepper

Servings 1

No comments:

Post a Comment