Sunday, January 2, 2011
Artichoke Stuffed with Brie
This is not one of the best photos but I was in such a hurry to eat that I am glad I took at least one photo. These artichokes are the perfect blend of tart, savory and cheesy! We had the artichokes as an appetizer on New Year's Eve this year and they were the perfect match for a special occasion.
6 large Artichokes
12 ounces brie
1/4 cup shallots, chopped
2 cups white wine
1 cup butter
1/3 cup whole grain mustard
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
squeeze of lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut off the top and bottom of the artichoke. Cook it in boiling water for 10-15 minutes until the bottom is easy to pierce with a fork.
2. Run artichoke under cold water to stop the cooking process.
3. When cool enough to handle, cut the inner choke away from the heart.
4. Cut the brie into 1/2" chunks. Place the brie into the artichoke and throughout the leaves.
5. Place on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees until the brie is melted (approximately 10 minutes).
6. To make the mustard sauce, combine Shallots and white wine in a saucepan over high heat. Slowly add the butter and remove from heat. Then add mustard, white wine vinegar, salt, pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice to the mixture.
7. Drizzle the sauce over the artichokes and serve.