Monday, January 3, 2011
Okay all this eating has got to stop..... I am taking a break for the next 2 days. I am going to post some great cleaning 'fasts' and a drink you should have every morning.. I like to do a papaya and water fast at least once a month, it is really good for you... not only do you give your body a much needed rest, papaya has many health benefits. It cleans the stomach and studies have shown that papaya alone eaten for 2 to 3 days has a highly beneficial tonic effect upon the stomach and intestines. The papaya is an amazingly rich source of the proteolytic enzymes. These are the chemicals that enable the digestion of protein. It is a fruit high in fiber which lowers cholesterol levels.
It can also:
• Revitalize the human body and maintain energy and vitality.
• Encourages the renewal of muscle tissue.
• Supports cardiovascular system.
• Boosts up the immune system.
• Helps with the digestive system, by breaking down the proteins and supporting production of digestive enzymes.
• Prevents the cataract formation.
• Due to high vitamin A, it lowers the risk of emphysema in smokers and passive smokers.
• Alleviates inflammation.
• Helps with the nausea and constipation.
So once you are cleared by a doc give this a try. Just slice up a papaya drench it in lime juice and enjoy the benefits. I eat it throughout the day with lots of water and I always feel great the next day.
***If you have any health issues or concerns please speak to your doctor before beginning any fast. I am not a doctor!***