Friday, December 31, 2010

Prosciutto Pillows


These wonderful little 'pillows' are a perfect appetizer. I entered them in a Real Women of Philadelphia contest and even though they didn't win they are great, in my opinion :) I have said in the past that I love savory sweet combinations and these fit the bill. I always make extra and freeze them for unexpected visitors. I wish everyone a very safe and Happy New Year's! See you next year...

Ingredients
2 cans (8 oz) Pillsbury refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
6 oz PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
5-6 slices deli sliced prosciutto ham, chopped
6 oz Major Grey's Mango Chutney
2 TBSP basil, chiffonade

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 375º
2. Roll out dough and press perforations to seal
3. Using a biscuit cutter, make rounds (whatever size you would like)
4. Generously spread half of the rounds with cream cheese
5. Place 1 TBSP of prosciutto on top
6. Put about 1 tsp of mango chutney over prosciutto then sprinkle with basil
7. Using the remaining rounds 'cover' and seal the pillows (you can use a fork to seal or a fluted biscuit cutter)
8. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden

Servings 4

No comments:

Post a Comment