Friday, December 10, 2010

Choco - Mini Muffins


As some of you may know I am not a 'sweets' person but occasionally I get the urge to bake something. During Christmas I prefer to make mini-muffins instead of cookies, not sure why because I don't eat either. These mini - muffins are tiny, chocolately, moist and delicious morsels for any occasion. I do taste the final product at least but just one and if I liked chocolate these would be my favorite:)

Ingredients
3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
2 eggs
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup milk
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (12-ounce) bag semisweet chocolate chips

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 375º
2. Spray mini muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray, or line with paper muffin cups.
3. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate in the microwave on medium-high heat for 25 second intervals, stirring in between, until smooth. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl using an electric mixer, cream sugar and butter.
5. Beat in eggs, then add sour cream and milk.
6. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
7. Pour flour mixture into butter mixture and stir together using a wooden spoon.
8. Stir in melted chocolate, then chocolate chips.
9. Fill each muffin cup about three-quarters of the way full with batter
10. Bake for about 10-12 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

Makes about 50 mini muffins.

1 comment:

  1. I love chocolate and these are great mini muffins - I like the addition of the sour cream :) This is a nice mini dessert to have when you are craving something sweet. I love it!

    ReplyDelete