Saturday, December 18, 2010

Perfect Pancakes


I can eat breakfast at any time of the day or night. I love the Denny's Grand Slam so I make my own version at home. The eggs and bacon are pretty straight forward but the pancakes I always had trouble with until now. These are fluffy, light and so good! The picture doesn't highlight the pancakes but you can still see them....yum!

Ingredients
1 cup flour
3 tsp baking powder
2 TBSP sugar
1 egg
1/2 to 3/4 cup milk
2 TBSP butter, melted and cooled

Directions
1. Sift the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a medium bowl
2. Beat the egg, milk and butter until blended well
3. Pour milk mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until just blended
4. Heat a griddle and grease it. Drop the batter in 1/4 cup measurements and cook until the pancake is full of little holes. Flip and bake until lightly browned
5. Continue with the remaining batter. Serve immediately with butter and syrup

Tip: After you drop the batter in the skillet toss in some chocolate chips and a few mini marshmallows. I don't know what happens but it is absolutely magical, you don't even need syrup, the marshmallows get all gooey.

No comments:

Post a Comment