Saturday, December 11, 2010
Creamy Corn Filled Tomatoes
These tomatoes not only look beautiful but they are delicious too, they are a great side dish for meat or chicken. They have a little kick with the jalapeño, a little sweet with the corn and a lot of yumminess.
4 medium tomatoes, rinsed, seeded and cored
2 TBSP butter
1 10 oz bag frozen corn, thawed and drained
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1 (8oz) package PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese
2 TBSP jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
1/4 cup parmesan
1. Pre heat oven to 350º
2. Slice off stem ends. Remove seeds and gently scoop out pulp.
3. Sprinkle the cored and seeded tomatoes with salt and place upside down to drain about 10 minutes.
4. Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent. Lower heat to low and add cream cheese; stir until melted. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Combine cheese mixture with corn and jalapeño; spoon into tomato shells.
6. Sprinkle parmesan and parsley on top
7. Place in a greased baking dish and bake uncovered 25 minutes or until heated through.
8. Tip: To serve use any leftover corn mixture as a 'bed' when plating the tomato.