Thursday, December 9, 2010
1 cup bread crumbs
1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breast
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 egg white
1 TBSP olive oil
1 cup chicken broth
1 TBSP all purpose flour (dissolved in the broth)
1 8 oz. tub reduced-fat sour cream
2 TBSP parsley, chopped
1. Place chicken in a food processor and pulse until ground
2. Mix chicken with salt, nutmeg, pepper, egg white and breadcrumbs in a medium bowl until well blended.
3. Shape into 16 chickballs (about 1 1/2 inch)
4. Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
5. Add chickballs; cook about 6 minutes, browning on all sides.
5. Remove chickballs from pan. Add the chicken broth and flour to pan and stir. Boil and cook for 1 minute until slightly thickened, stirring constantly.
6. Stir in the sour cream and return meatballs to skillet. Reduce heat and cook for 10 minutes or until chicken is done.
7. Sprinkle with parsley and serve
Serving Tip: Serve over a bed of buttered noodles. If you like it extra saucy, the sauce doubles easily.