Thursday, December 30, 2010

Parmesan Noodle Crisps


These noodle crisps are delicious and different. You can serve them alone or for dipping. They are sturdy too so in most cases they 'hold' better than regular chips. The first time I served these nobody could guess much less believe it was a lasagna noodle cut into strips. I have even used these as 'canapes' topping them with extra cheese, bacon, sour cream and chives - just like a loaded potato skin. They keep well for a few days in an air-tight container or ziploc.

Ingredients
1 (16oz) box lasagna noodles
1/4 cup olive oil
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
2 tsp each basil, oregano and parsley
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp garlic powder

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 400º
2. Cook noodles according to package instructions; drain well and blot dry
3. Brush oil on both sides of noodles
4. Cut each into 2' pieces and place in a single layer on a greased baking sheet
5. Combine parmesan, herbs, red pepper flakes and garlic powder in a small bowl
6. Sprinkle over the noodles evenly
7. Place in the oven and cook for 15-18 minutes

Servings 4

1 comment:

  1. Maria, great recipes - my account has been deleted - and I didn't do it. I don't know what's going on I will try to create another account - it says that I am "banned." I have no idea what's going on.

    ReplyDelete