Sunday, November 14, 2010
This is not a dish for anybody on a healthy diet or attempting to lose weight but if you can cheat once in a while or as a special treat I recommend it highly. It is a delicious classic. Our brunch menu, years ago before the health craze was:
Eggs Benedict with extra Hollandaise sauce, Fettuccine Alfredo, Waldorf Salad, Cinnamon Rolls and Mimosas, Coffee, Tea or Hot Chocolate. Now I can eat, but I still can't imagine eating all that in one meal - at the time it was great. It wasn't at a restaurant either it was all home-made. Enjoy.
1 lb fettuccine, cooked and drained
3/4 cup butter
2 cups heavy cream
2 TBSP lemon juice
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 tsp nutmeg, ground
salt & black pepper to taste
2 cups grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1. In a medium saucepan, melt butter; add heavy cream and lemon juice.
2. Season with garlic powder, nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
3. Simmer for 5-8 minutes over low heat, stirring constantly.
4. Remove from heat and stir in parmesan. Add parsley, blend well.
5. Serve over the fettuccine. Sprinkle a bit more parmesan on top.
Tip: I prefer to mix the sauce and fettuccine all together, so I add it in with the parmesan and mix well.