Friday, November 19, 2010
Scrambled Eggs In Puff Pastry Shells
This is great for breakfast, brunch or even a light dinner, serve with a few strips of bacon. It is so easy to make anytime, just remember to keep the puff pastry in your freezer so whenever you want to make this you are ready. I don't know why but anytime I include puff pastry in a meal it is just a touch more elegant and special even if it is just a regular weeknight meal.
1 package frozen puffed pastry shells
1 (4.5 oz) jar of sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup swiss cheese, shredded
2 TBSP chives, chopped
1.Bake puff pastry shells according to package directions
2.Whisk eggs together with the salt and pepper.
3. Melt the butter in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, coating the pan evenly.
4. Add the mushrooms and sauté for 2-3 minutes; lower heat to medium
5. Add the eggs and cook folding them from one side of the pan to the other until the eggs start to curdle, 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Add the swiss cheese and chives, continue to fold until the cheese is melted and the eggs are set
4. Gently spoon the eggs into the pastry shells and serve.