Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Why A Food Blog And My Experience...




Now that is a great question... I love food and I love to cook shouldn't that be enough? :) As far as being good at it, I have been told so, but mostly by my family and closest friends sooo-ooooo we all know that is a slippery slope. How could they tell their delightful daughter that she sucks at cooking....I cook often and they eat it often so I can only think of two options 1. they love me more than anything in this world and sacrifice daily for my sake or 2. my food is good...There will be many recipes on this blog so feel free to tell me your opinions.


As for my experience I ran a Bed & Breakfast with my now x-husband in Ogunquit, Maine for two long, torturous seasons. I cooked for hundreds of people in that time and they all seemed very pleased and I was always asked for recipes... so that's basically it for experience....
(Note - it wasn't hundreds of people at a time - it was 8 rooms full so 16 people every morning for breakfast and afternoon wine and whatever appetizer I could think of making while covered up to my neck in other peoples dirty laundry... oh the good ole days.....

I remember one day specifically, I was covered in laundry and happened to look out of the window and there was my dear husband resting his elbow on a rake on a beautifully sunny day talking to friends and people walking by..... me bitter? Not at all ha,ha ... (we are great friends today so we can laugh about our past)

No comments:

Post a Comment