Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Goodbye Granola...


In the middle of a very stressful summer at the bed & breakfast, I was making granola and.... I will make it short...huge fight...packed my bags...flew back to Miami.... and left the granola in the oven COOKING.......We now call it Goodbye Granola! I was back in Maine a week later so I did get to taste it and it was great... I like to make this on Sunday, so I will have granola all week long. It's great with plain or flavored yogurt and some fresh berries on top.

Ingredients
4 cups oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 cup ground flax seed
1/3 cup canola oil
1/4 cup honey
2 TBSP sugar
3 tsp vanilla
optional - 1/4 cup each raisins, coconut flakes, dried fruit

Directions
1.Preheat oven to 300º F, grease a heavy baking sheet.
2. Mix next 4 ingredients in a bowl, add any of the optional ingredients now too, set aside.
3. Combine oil, honey and sugar in saucepan - simmer until combined. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla
4. Pour over oat mixture, mix well
5. Spread on baking sheet and bake until golden, stirring occasionally - approximately 30 mins.
6. Cool and store in an airtight container

Note: The granola will continue cooking and browning when taken out of the oven so be careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment