Thursday, November 11, 2010
Fried Rice (Chow Faan)
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup onion, diced
1/2 cup celery, diced
1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
1/2 cup cooked shrimp
1/2 cup ham, diced
4 cups cold cooked rice
1 cup green onion, diced
2 TBSP dark soy sauce
1 TBSP light soy sauce
1 tsp salt
4 TBSP oil
1. Heat wok. Add 1 tsp oil and reheat. Stir fry eggs for 20 seconds. Set aside.
2. Add 1 tsp oil and stir fry onions and celery for 1 minute. Set aside.
3. Add 1 tsp oil and stir fry peas for 1 minute. Set aside.
4. Add 1 TBSP oil and stir fry ham and shrimp for 2 minutes. Set aside.
5. Add 2 TBSP and stir fry rice until heated through
6. Add all other ingredients season with salt and soy sauce. Mix well and serve.
Tip: Make sure all ingredients are diced to the same size as the peas.